As a solution, cloud PBX has been around for quite some time. However, the adoption rates for cloud PBX have skyrocketed, thanks in large part to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses were scrambling to find quick, simple, high-quality solutions for employees who were working remotely. Now, as we move past COVID times, the interest in cloud PBX shows no signs of waning. But don’t just take our word for it! We’ve compiled a compelling list of cloud PBX statistics to demonstrate why this solution is important and how implementing it can benefit your business.
6 Statistics on Cloud PBX Market Growth & Adoption
One great indicator of a solution’s success is how quickly the market for that solution is growing. Not only that, but also how the market has improved year over year.
- According to the US Cloud PBX Market Forecast, the cloud PBX market was valued at $1,299,000,000 in 2019 and is projected to reach $3,265,000,000 by 2027 (US Cloud PBX Market Forecast).
- The global UC market is expected to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.8% from 2019 to 2025 (Grandview Research)
- The cloud-based contact center infrastructure market is forecast to 24% year over year (Gartner)
- 67% of organizations polled say they will move a ‘significant portion’ of their unified communications solutions to the cloud (Nemertes Research)
- One of the driving factors of cloud PBX adoption in North America is the increasing popularity of the Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) strategy (Persistence Market Research)
- As of 2021, 42% of companies say they have increased cloud and unified communication adoption (Nemertes Research)
3 Consumer Cloud PBX Facts
With all this growth in the cloud PBX marketplace, it’s important to highlight how consumers are actually utilizing the software. Are they accessing this software from their desktop or their mobile device? Are they even using it at all? Statistics say they are, and in greater numbers!
- Voice and video calls more than tripled in 2020, due in large part to COVID-19 lockdowns (Parks Associates)
- Around 86% of customers expect calls to businesses to shift seamlessly between communications channels, prioritizing flexibility more than ever (McKinsey Global Institute)
- As of September 2021, 67% of American employees in white-collar jobs reported working from home either exclusively (41%) or some of the time (26%) (Gallup)
5 Cloud PBX Statistics for Your Business
Not only do cloud PBX solutions have a positive impact on consumers, but they also have a positive impact on your business too! By the numbers, every area of your business will see an improvement of some kind – from customer service to cost savings.
- There will be a growing demand for security soon, with 61% of IT spending going towards cloud security. (InformationAge)
- 94% of businesses report an improvement in security upon switching to cloud-based communication services. (Salesforce)
- Businesses see average savings of between 50% and 75% after switching to a cloud (i.e. VoIP) solution (Multicom)
- 86% of business owners consider workplace issues to be the direct result of inadequate communications tools (Salesforce)
- Latest productivity statistics reveal that small businesses experience 77% improved productivity when using VoIP features. (CISCO)
Save Time and Money by Switching to Unitel!
If you’re ready to start saving time and money, Unitel can help! Our cloud PBX offering and unified communications solution are the perfect starting point for companies looking to simplify their communications, save operational costs, and foster better communication between employees and customers. With simple setup and support, you’ll be able to get going in no time at all.
Interested in seeing it for yourself? Reach out to one of our cloud PBX experts and they’d be more than happy to schedule a free demonstration with you. We look forward to supporting your success in the coming year!