To send a fax to someone else, first make sure you are sending your email from an address that you’ve authorized (see above).
Write your email as follows:
- Address the email to 1<number>@faxhd.com – so for example, to send a fax to 212-555-1212, you would email email@example.com
- The Subject and Body of the email will be ignored. Still, we recommend setting a relevant subject line so you can search for the email later, in case you need to find it.
- Attach the file you want to send as a fax. You can attach any of these types of files:
- Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX)
- PowerPoint (.PPT, .PPTX)
- Excel (.XLS, .XLSX)
- Visio (.VSD)
- Rich Text Format (.RTF)
- Plain text (.TXT)
- Hypertext Markup Language (.HTML)
- JPEG (.JPG)
- Graphics Interchange Format (.GIF)
- Tagged Image Format (.TIF)
You’ll receive an email letting you know that your fax is queued for sending (or letting you know there’s a problem, if there is one). Once your fax has been successfully sent, you’ll receive another email to confirm.