Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) is a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes. It can help companies reduce costs, streamline operations, and improve customer service. It’s no wonder more businesses are adopting UCaaS solutions than ever.
However, upgrading to a unified communication platform can be daunting, especially for those who’re new to the technology. That’s why we’re here! In this blog post, we’ll discuss best practices for implementing a UC solution and highlight two instances from our customers that demonstrate successful implementation.
Want to learn more about the benefits of UCaaS solutions? Check it out here.
Best Practices for UCaaS Solution Implementation
Typically, implementing a unified communication solution happens over three stages. So here are a few best practices for each of them!
Phase 1: Pre-Implementation
Before you start, it is important to take the time to plan and prepare. Check out these best practices:
- Conduct an assessment to identify any areas of weakness or inefficiencies.
- Identify key organizational stakeholders that this new communication platform will impact.
- Build a project team that includes representatives from all areas of your organization to ensure a smooth transition.
Phase 2: Implementation
During this phase, staying organized and having a clear action plan is important. Here are some of our recommendations on how to do it right:
- Create a roadmap that outlines the steps involved in the implementation process, including timelines and responsibilities.
- Choose a provider with the features and functions that meet your business needs.
- Provide comprehensive training and support for employees to ensure a successful transition.
Phase 3: Post-Implementation
That’s right. Implementation doesn’t stop after installation. Monitoring and evaluating your platform’s effectiveness is vital as your business begins using the platform more frequently. Some advice we could give during this phase includes:
- Measure the success of your implementation by tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) such as user adoption rates and productivity levels.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of your platform and make necessary adjustments if it needs improvement.
- Provide ongoing education and training for employees to encourage employee adoption and reduce their resistance to change.
Switching to unified communications can feel like a complex process. Still, by following best practices– and choosing the right provider – you can successfully transition and reap all the collaboration and communication benefits a UCaaS solution provides, just like the customers featured below.
Real-World Examples of Excellent UCaaS Solution Implementation
Example 1: Law Office
One of our legal clients moved to a new office and decided now was the chance to find a truly unified communications solution. They took stock of what they wanted, and needed, for their new office and started hunting for a provider that could meet those needs. And Unitel did.
From wiring their building for internet capabilities to providing VoIP surveillance and phone system services, Unitel went the extra mile to ensure they got their “perfect fit.” The result was an all-in-one UCaaS solution that fits them like a glove, is easy to use, has built-in security, and is supported by a top-notch team.
Example 2: Landscaping & Nursery Company
A landscape company struggled with a basic phone system and an unresponsive communication provider. Because they relied heavily on communications technology to run their business, they started looking elsewhere. After investigating their options, they decided to upgrade to Unitel.
They worked closely with Unitel to make sure that:
- The new system could be installed with no disruption in service
- Their employees knew how to use the system correctly, and
- They deployed top-tier monitoring software to make sure the system continued to run smoothly
And they’re very happy with the results. This landscape company is now enjoying a more feature-rich phone system, better customer interactions, and better support with Unitel.
Implement UCaaS Solutions Seamlessly with Unitel
Ready to take your workplace communication and collaboration to the next level? Contact Unitel today to learn more about our top-of-the-line solutions and how they can benefit your business. Our expert team will work with you every step of the way to ensure smooth and successful implementation, so you can start reaping the rewards of unified communications as soon as possible. Don’t wait – reach out to Unitel now and see why UCaaS is the future of workplace communication.